Sunday, May 13, 2012

mother's day

I have not posted for awhile, and thought I would do a quick recap of today because it was a really good day for us.  I always get so nervous for all of these first holidays without Jim, but somehow they always seem to turn out okay. 

Church was wonderful.  But who can complain when they come into Relief Society and feed you strawberries and cream puffs?  I think they should do that every week! 

My family were so very, very thoughtful today.  I am so grateful for all the kind things they did to make today great!  They made my absolute favorite dinner tonight--grilled salmon and strawberry spinach salad--I was in heaven!

My kids thought they were hilarious wrapping my mother's day gifts in Victoria's Secret gift wrap--they are such stinkers!  They gave me some beautiful pictures of them to keep on my desk at work!  So sweet! 

We took a bunch of pictures today that I will post since I have not done any photos for awhile, and my family out of state have been asking for some...... 






 Cute cards that I had to take pics of.  I love the look on Alex's face in this photo card he made at school.  This kid cannot take pictures without some sort-of goofy expression.  He is so funny!


  One thing I wanted to mention is that this past year I have been "mothered" by so many dear sweet friends and family members.  I have 6 of the MOST incredible best girlfriends imaginable.  The kind I can call in the middle of the night and cry to,  the ones who will tell me the truth even when it's not always what I want to hear.  I also have an incredible sister-in-law who is so intuitive and fabulous, and my own mother and mother-in-law are truly amongst my best friends.  I am so grateful for all of these women in my life who bless, sustain and uplift me endlessly.  You are each a gift to me, and I love you!  Happy Mother's Day!!

4 comments:

Tahsha said...

I'm so glad you had a good mothers day. Your pictures are darling. Those firsts are always hard, but your rights...they always turn out okay. :) Good thing there are always great people around us.

Unknown said...

I'm glad it was a good Mother's Day. I thought about you all day long praying that it would be a good one for you. Love you!

Jen

Elane said...

Wendy,
I love your gift of true expression. You have a gift to write the feelings of your heart not many can put into words. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May you find some peaceful moments in your days. May your "grafting" be less painful.
Peace,
Elane

Anonymous said...

Love those pics! I'm glad that you had such a wonderful mother's day! You deserved and needed that. Way to go, kids! :)